Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Largest Purchase of My Life

Boyyyy do I feel like an adult! I made the largest purchase of my life the other day and that was a plane ticket to Japan! Who knew that you got so many reward points!? I felt a big sense of accomplishment as I bought my ticket, I felt really grown up. Then I saw that money come out of my bank account and I thought to myself, "This must be how my parents have felt every time they've bought me an overseas plane ticket for a vacation!"

My sweet friend Bethany is getting married in December and I get to have the honor of being in her wedding party! So exciting! We got to get our dresses this last week also and it is such a cute dress and easily one I could wear again, which is an added bonus!

I also took some of my small group up to Austin this weekend for a little bonding time! Which was do much fun, we went hiking, had some Vegan ice cream, talked about some really great things, and finished the trip off with a trivia night at a local restaurant! This year has gone so quickly with them, it's so interesting to me how when you have a common understanding and when The Lord is in the center how quickly you become close friends. I met all of these girls in August yet it feels like I have known them for a life time.

I live a rich life, one I never expected, but one that has been so fulfilling.

Always,
Amanda












1 comment:

  1. Konnichiwa Sweetheart
    I received your letter in the mail today and so was able to find your blog. I would like to support your mission in every way that I can. On the envelope you sent to me there was the solitary word "Justice" on it. It reminded me of the famous quote of Pope Paul VI, "If you want peace, Work for justice". When I googled that quote I found a nice little blog essay by a friar-in-training- http://breakinginthehabit.org/2012/01/16/if-you-want-peace-work-for-justice/.
    I thought it was interesting and relevant.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete