I'm GOING TO JAPAN!
What a fun and adventurous experience I'm going to get to be apart of! A couple months ago leaders in Chi Alpha were told the locations of this summers missions trips! With places in Europe, South America, Northern Asia, Eurasia and Africa all being listed we had a total of 8 trips that we could go on!
The last two summers I was given an opportunity to go to a couple different places, unfortunately those trips never worked out for me and the Lord really used my summers to do different things for Him! But I knew this year was the year I got to go serve overseas!
During Christmas break God called me to live a life of ministry serving University students in America! I'm so excited that after college I get to go do what others did for me and be apart of helping college students choose a life that reflects GOD's GLORY! But a month ago I realized how big of a deal international students are to a campus! My university has 3,000 international students and I realized how scared I was to share the gospel with them. I then started thinking, "How is my full time job going to be sharing the good news with college students, if I'm scared of some of them?" I became determined to get over this fear and I thought what better way then to immerse myself in their culture to understand them better!
So when I heard that Japan was going to be one of the trips, I was immediately reminded of my best friends Small Group. My best friend Lisa (blue and white shirt),
has a small group full of international students, some of which are from Japan! I recalled how friendly, sweet, and gentle those girl's personalities are and thought I would love to go and serve in their country!
Soo what does that mean?!? It means I get to get serve a missionary named Joyce Kitano in Tokyo, Japan! I have to raise a budget of $2,700 by May 30th! But I believe God is going to provide all of it! From May 30th-June 12th I will be meeting and talking and telling college students in Japan about Jesus. There are 10 universities on 1 street in Japan, that means lots of college students. I get to lead worship for the college students during a worship night we will be having. But most importantly we will get to be encouraging the missionary who has served over their for 20 years!
If you would like to make a donation for my trip or let me know that you are supporting me in prayer, feel free to click on the button at the top of my blog that says "Donate" under "GIVE 4 JAPAN" or email me with encouragement at amanda.l.plast@gmail.com! I'm so excited that I get to share with you the exciting things going on in my life right now and I'm grateful for the rolls that people have played in leading me to the walk with Jesus I have now!
Always,
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment