THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
I read this poem, actually memorized it in Mrs. Stanley's 7th grade English class, I was referred to as an "Energetic Fire Ball" by her in my yearbook. (Side note). When I was thinking about my first post to explain the transformation my life has gone through in the last three years, this poem came to mind. The last three lines of this poem could be a way to summarize all of it.
Three years ago, I had just turned 18, probably just finished a tennis tournament of some sort, was taking the last few pictures to fill in my high schools yearbook. But two months prior I had a real encounter with Jesus which led me to pursue the idea of him. So about this time three years ago, I was struggling to find why people called Jesus their savior. I understood what that meant, but I was really seeking out what that meant for me personally. I graduated high school, having a better understanding of what Jesus was, but could not call my self someone who followed after him.
I went to college at the University of Texas at San Antonio with every intention of leaving, I thought it was the worst place on earth and was only using it as a stepping stone to get to The University of Texas. I didn't know that when I got here, that I was going to get to choose between living a life down a road that was wide, or living a life that was down a narrow road. I chose the narrow road, the harder road at times, but the road that definitely has been more rewarding and the one that has held the most adventure. The road that has led me to a life filled with Jesus Christ. So this is a blog to fill you in on things going on in my life! The things that are important, that are going on around me and that are going to be happening in future! Like for instance, I'm going to JAPAN in three months! (more on that later)
Always,
Amanda
This is where it started, this was the Small Group I got to be apart of freshman year!
This was my first year of college after being asked to lead a small group!
This is part of my first small group I got to lead my sophomore year!
This is part of my current small group!
No comments:
Post a Comment